What belongs to the perfect Facebook page? Exactly, the perfect name! But how does it work when the brilliant name idea only comes up when the page already exists?
Fortunately, not that complicated, because now both the Facebook page and the vanity URL can be renamed with just a few clicks. The following post shows you how to change Facebook page name.
How can I change Facebook page name?
With a bit of luck or better said, no extravagant change requests. The names change can be done quickly. However, that doesn’t mean that you should rename the Facebook page every week 🙂
For further, watch this video
Renaming the Facebook page: Step by step guide
There are basically two ways you can change the name of the Facebook Page. Of course, you can’t just specify anything when you rename it like this. In the fourth step, a popup appears that contains the most important rules for changing names. One of them is that the name must have a maximum of 75 characters and not contain any variant of “Facebook”. You can also find the instructions officially on Facebook.
Warning: The new name must first be approved by Facebook. Why? This is primarily for checking purposes: Facebook can identify fraudsters who are using its pages for illegal activities.
You have to be patient for up to 3 days until the renaming is completed. If you want to approach it differently, you can choose the somewhat more cumbersome second variant:
- Create a new Facebook page and design it so that it is as similar as possible to the existing one.
- If you now connect both sides, you will use the new name.
- Please note that this creates a new URL at the same time and the posts on the old page will be lost if they are not transferred to the new Facebook page.
How often can I change the page name on Facebook?
There is no official information on how often the Facebook page can be renamed. But we’re guessing that it won’t work an unlimited number of times. After all, there are good reasons why the name change request is first being reviewed by Facebook.
The regulation for private profiles also suggests that wild renaming has limits somewhere. If you want to change the private profile name too often, at some point you will get a message that this is no longer possible. The reason was given by Facebook: “You tried too often to change [the name].”
Quite apart from that, it should be pretty confusing for fans of the site when the site name keeps changing. So if in doubt, stick to a single change – the name isn’t all that matters on the site.
Can you change the URL of the Facebook page?
The must-have for every Facebook page is the so-called vanity URL. Quite simply, this means a shortened URL that is memorable and beautiful to look at. For example, it looks much better on a business card than the regular long address. You can create such a vanity URL by creating a new page as described above and merging it with the old one.
Related: Sportsurge – Watch Live Sporting Events for Free
Alternatively, you can simply change the existing URL as follows:
- Go to the page.
- Go to the info area and select the option “Username” under the “General” tab right at the beginning.
- Enter the change and confirm it. By the way, there are also certain ones here
The username is also the URL. So if you choose a meaningful, good-sounding name here, it will look great in the URL. But be careful: As soon as the URL has been changed, your Facebook page can no longer be reached under the previous URL!
Sometimes it can happen that you want to change the user name and receive the message that you are not authorized to do so. However, that does not mean that this is the end of the line
Is there actually a difference between Facebook page names and Facebook usernames?
In fact, there are two names for your Facebook profile: once the page name and once the user name.
The former appears under your site logo, it is the same as your company name.
The second begins with an @ sign and is used for direct addressing and marking in posts and contributions.
Changing the name of the Facebook page does not work – Why is that?
Renaming a Facebook page is not always quick and straightforward. The most common reasons why a change request is rejected are:
- A change has already been requested within the last 7 days.
- You are not set as the administrator of the page and therefore do not have permission to change the name.
- The desired new name is too different from the previous one.
If you only want to change small details on the name of a Facebook page, ie individual words or letters, this is usually not a problem (if all guidelines are observed).
Related: 4Anime – Enjoy Anime Videos in High-Quality with Subtitles
- Go to the Facebook page whose name you want to change.
- Click on the “Info” tab on the left and then on “Name”.
- Select “Edit”.
- Enter the name you want and confirm it with “Next” (you can find instructions for creating the page name on Facebook ).
- Check your entries and send the request via “Request change”.
- Now you have to wait: It takes up to 3 days for your desired name to be approved.
Note: From time to time changing the name on Facebook has to be easy. As long as you don’t overdo it with the name change, Facebook shouldn’t put any obstacles in your way in general. You can embed Facebook feed with this ease as well.